Fisher 302

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I just picked up about 300 old 45s and the following system:

1. Harman Kardon 330A (70s vintage?)
2. Fisher 302 turntable (Made in West Germany)
3. Large set of old speakers (no name brand visible except for a paper stapled on the back explaining the difference between ohms and comm screws for stereo sound)

The turntable has an accessory that appears to be able to stack a number of 45s on it.

I got home all stoked to get this thing going and I have had a lot of frustrations.

1. hooking up the original system, the sound cuts in and out endlessly and it seems that I need to fiddle with the old RCA-type connectors coming from the turntable to the HK unit. I have tightened the cord on the ground post on the back of the HK, but not much luck - everything sounds fine for a moment and then it either gets way worse or cuts out entirely.

2. I cannot get the turntable arm to go over to the record - it seems to want to and if I give it a little lift with my finger initially it goes over there, but only with help.

3. When the record/track is complete, the arm goes back to the resting post, but again, I need to help it on to the post.

grrrrr.....

Lastly, I hooked up a modern set of speakers, played the HK on FM only and the sound and everything seemed to work fine...

Any advice, suggestions, or do you know where I could find some manuals for these things? I would like to keep as much of the old set together as possible. Most importantly, I want to get that turntable functioning to load multiple 45s if that is what it is supposed to do.

cheers,

Myron

Your 'Fisher' is a Perpetuum Ebner, probably 2040, their last product before Dual bought them in 1972. Manuals should be aailable at the vinylengine.

And it's a certainty that the lubricants (if original) are no good any more. After getting the manual, a 'disassemble clean and lube' is in order. Avoid Lubriplate as it tends to separate. What would be best is Nye 368AX1 grease for metal on metal. 363F grease for plastic on plastic or plastic on metal and Nyeoil II light machine oil. All are synthetics and will likely last longer than you care to use the turntable.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.