thorens TD124MKII

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ki Gak: I have a TC 124 also (not a II though). The idler will be difficult to find but belts are easy. Do a internet search on Thorens TD124 and you'll find a bunch of firms that sell belts. There were a whole lot of the mushrooms selling on eBay a while back (some original at pretty high cost, but some recently molded from newer materials.) Again, on eBay, just do a search on Thorens TD124. There are a hell of a lot of these TT's sold on eBay. Hope this helps. Whatever you do, keep the TT. I put all new parts on mine in 1978, loaned it to my best friend, who got daily use out of it until 1998, then left it on and running for a couple of years straight until the motor siezed up. I got it back and bought a new belt and used a lot of oil on the motor bearings and now its like new again. Pretty good for something made in the late 50's. Built like the proverbial tank.

Larry Wright
Seattle area

Motor noise on my TD124

Hi,
I have a TD124 and I changed its idler wheel and the belt. I find that I am getting pretty loud motor noise. I can place the stylus on the platter when it is stopped - the motor is still on. The motor noise is very loud. Does this mean that the motor mounting rubber grommets are shot ! I can't think of any other reason for this.
Thanks,
Ashok.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.