single push volume pot, volume up/down via a button. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2011, 05:18 PM   #1
diyAudio Member
Join Date: Feb 2010
Default single push volume pot, volume up/down via a button.

Well, My first post here,I wanted some help from you guys,

you see I want to make a cmoy amp,

now I have sorted out all the parts and I am using small lithium packs in series-parallel mode coming to around +-6v for the opamp and have figured out everything else,

Now instead of using a volume pot. I wanted to use something that allows me to increase/decrease volume at a push of a switch or two..

Like you have on the television sets press + and volume increases and press - and it goes down..

Well I've tried on the web and all I ended up was with MAXIM chips, such as 5486 and similar types, I have problems sourcing MAXIM chips in my country, so I am looking for alternatives.. Other than that is there any other way this could be done ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 06:30 PM   #2
diyAudio Member
Join Date: Feb 2009
pga23XX such as the pga2310
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 07:52 PM   #3
diyAudio Member
Join Date: Feb 2010
But wouldn't this suck on the battery ? also it looks very complicated..
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 08:47 PM   #4
diyAudio Member
firechief's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Near Seattle Wa
If you want to use the MAXIM part, it was discussed in another thread here on the forum complete with pictures drawings ect.
MAX5486- digi pot help!

I see that there are none in stock at DigiKey. Try other supliers like Mouser or Farnel
Who supplies componets in India? Surley there must be an asnwer. (dont call me Surley)
  Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2011, 06:56 PM   #5
diyAudio Member
Join Date: Feb 2010
I checked with my local retailers about maxim parts, they have no idea about it and I seem to be unlucky at online purchases.. so...seeking different ways..
  Reply With Quote


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Volume pot ppcblaster Chip Amps 19 2nd September 2010 10:37 AM
volume pot william1981 Solid State 5 25th February 2007 10:31 PM
Volume control : - pot' or pot' variable feedback resistor (gain) ? ash_dac Solid State 5 1st August 2006 05:07 AM
Gain pot instead of volume pot boyofwax Solid State 5 14th February 2004 02:37 AM
New Volume Pot lilolee Parts 7 3rd August 2001 11:43 PM

New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:11 PM.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2017 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2