DIY Personal Turntable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Cyclecamper,

I did some tentative drawings and models of a floating LT, but didn't pursue it because I couldn't get longitudinal stability. I didn't think of opposing magnets. Do you have - or know of - drawings or pictures?

The LT challenges you list are real, and although surmountable, may mean LTs are more suitable to DIY than for commercial projects. Considering the quality of DIM's work so far, I hope he continues with his LT adventure because, selfishly, I want to see what he comes up with.

If two or three motors is excessive, consider just adding a second idler spindle & pulley to counter the belt tension on the motor side. Should be able to make that for pennies; it is not critical as the belt absorbs some vibration.
Good idea, let me a few days do draw this modification, with a long o'ring, it could be not bad, even a o'ring with a spring.
Thanks Cycleclamper, really a good idea!!!

If two or three motors is excessive, consider just adding a second idler spindle & pulley to counter the belt tension on the motor side. Should be able to make that for pennies; it is not critical as the belt absorbs some vibration.
Here is the modification:

Attachments

• modif_enrainement.jpg
    modif_enrainement.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 584
  • modif_enrainement2.jpg
    modif_enrainement2.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 584
In fact, if we think a little bit, are we creating a problem where there is not a problem. In general TTs, rotation of the platter is done by only a ball around a bush (copper or plastic), so you get torque from the belt. In my case, I have a ball bearing which accepts a huge torque, and also my motor gives 30W, enough to move the platter with a high belt tension. And I will also program the servodrive with acceleration and deceleration scale (about 3 to 5 seconds).
I will not give up the idea, the tests will give reason .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.