Thorens TD165 questions...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

As a new member on this forum I have been reading alot this "easter bunny days"
Since I am in the procces off restoring/rebuilding/redesigning an very beat-up Thorens TS165, (Follow the procces on http://www.adservices.nl )I am looking for the answers to my questions.... and I think I found some...but not all... so here comes a series of Newbees Questions (so please be gentle )

1. Trying to work out if should keep the old motor...but what I aw scared me a little... Some previous owner fumbeld around with the series resistor Of my motor.....
It reads on the serial plate 110v/230V 50/60hz.
Can't figure out if my motor is okee.... sure I can run as it is right now but I am a bit reluctant. So, can someone post the real resitor and Cap value's so I can restore the original electric's and then test it...

2. Has someone already used (liquid) acrylic to deaden the chassis? What were the results?

3. I have read the article
Audio Origami - ReWires
Is anyone running his/hers TT this way?

4. Also i have read the artikel about using an HD motor....has anyone succesfully installed an HD motor in the Thorens TT?

So far my first questions... hope to hear soon...

Kind regards,
Auke Dost

PS sorry for my poor English...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.