Any experience with along1986090's kits from eBay? (preamp + mp3)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

does anyone have experience with DIY kits from "along1986090" from eBay?
I plan to build an LM4780 amplifier and use one of his preamplifiers and MP3-kits for input. It will be built to get some good sound in my new bathroom.

The kits are cheap, but before I order I'd like to know if they're any good!

MP3-kit: DIY SD MMC USB Card mp3 Player+Display Screen & Remote
DIY SD MMC USB Card mp3 Player+Display Screen & Remote | eBay
PreAmp: Audio Pre-amplifier PREAMP Kit + Remote + LCD display
Audio Pre-amplifier PREAMP Kit + Remote + LCD display | eBay

Kind regards,
Vigier

I have just gotten one of their preamps I got it preassembled

I got this one: M62446 5.1 Channel Remote Volume Preamplifier Assembled

Had to add a 12vac 0 12vac transfomer which is a 24 vac with center tap.

Also had to wire up R L RCS female input jacks.

Works wonderfully. Very clean sound and the remote and display is really cool. I just ordered a case from them to put it in.

I also have a mp3 player on order from them uses USB and memory card inputs for MP3 and other formats.

Will post on here when I get it. I like their stuff so far. very fast delivery to the USA. THEY answer questions and their stuff is pretty cool!!

Will do. I hope to get mine in the next couple of days. I am still very happy with the preamp. They send me wiring diagrams of both, I will try to post them. They seem to be a very responsive supplier.

Their products are very interesting and the first one is impressive.

MP3 Player and Preamp diagrams

Here are the diagrams that I received from them. Gives you a pretty good idea of the layout......not sure what is going on in those big ICs however.

This is the 5.1 preamp and the MP3 player.

Attachments

• mp3 players diag1.pdf
    28.2 KB · Views: 115
  • mp3player_diag2.pdf
    20.8 KB · Views: 96
  • PREAMP_5_1 CHANNEL SCHEMATIC.jpg
    PREAMP_5_1 CHANNEL SCHEMATIC.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 750
The older version of his preamp uses the CS3310, but I read that the PGA2311 is a 1 on 1 replacement for the CS3310 but with better specs. I know it's used in very good amplifiers. I'll do a search this weekend. Maybe a little overdone for a bathroom, but it's so cheap!

I got my shipment in less than 10 days. Not sure why it would be that fast, but not complaining. The preamp is so clean! I just love it. I am driving a Great American Sound GAS Son of Ampzilla amp, and some advent 2 way speakers. It sounds absolutely terrific. Very very clean. Much better than my NAD preamp I had been using. I don't have the preamp in a case yet. I have ordered a case locally and should get it soon. My preamp is the 5.1 channel version even though I am just running 2 channels.

I have also on orders the other version that is just 2 channels and uses different chips. I have one of their aluminum cases to install this new amp into.

In my opinion these preamps are a real find.....awesomely clean sounding and simple.

I hope you get yours soon.

Hi!
I received them yesterday. It was all a little smaller than I expected but it all shure looks good! Yesterday afternoon I completed my order at Reichelt (German electronics company), so in a few weeks I should be able to have it all working.
Still don't know how he can deliver this all so cheap.
I'll definitely show you when it's all working and if I don't forget I'll post a picture when it has been built in in my bathroom :)

I received the Upgrade 2311 preamp yesterday. It looks terrific. the amp board is quite different from the 5.1 preamp that I have. I have not powered the new preamp up yet because I don't have the proper transformer at this time. It asks for a 8 vac 0 8 vac, or as high as 10vac, 0, 10vac. I had a 6.3 0 6.3 that I was planning on using, but then when I looked up the specs on the 7805 voltage regulator they say that 7.2 is the minimum input voltage and that anything below that results in unstable voltage. Interestingly, the 7805 can go up to 35 vac in. But I am really reluctant to try anything over 10vac. I have a 12, 0 12, on the 5.1 preamp but I am going to wait to get the 10, 0, 10 .....and I should have it in 2 days.

I have been running the 5.1 preamp for 10 days now......powered up all the time. It is so very clean and so impressive. as I said before I am using it with a GAS Son of Ampzilla [James Bongiorno modified] and some tweaked Advent 1 speakers. I don't have this in my bathroom like you are planning, but in my shop/garage. Very sweet sounding clean preamp.

I have just today gotten the MP3 player working. It is really amazing as well. I got a 5VDC wall wart power supply for that one. It runs on USB memory cards and the heart of the circuit is an AU7842 decoder chip......well it has lot so functions on one chip:

l Low power 0.18um CMOS technology
l Power supply 1.8V/3.3V, power consumption 110mW
l Enhanced 8051, up to 10 times faster than standard 8051
l USB2.0 full-speed host controller
l SD/MMC card controller
l Support MPEG 1/2/2.5 layer3 decoding, data rate 32kbps ~ 320kbps, including
VBR
l Support WMA format, data rate 32kbps ~ 384kbps
l Support 9 sampling frequency:
8kHz/11.025kHz/12kHz/16kHz/22.05kHz/24kHz/32kHz/44.1kHz/48kHz
l Embedded sound equalizer
l Support tag format ID3v1 and ID3v2.4
l Support FAT16/FAT32 file system
l Embedded 16-bit sigma-delta audio DAC
l Embedded headphone amplifier
l Support IR Remote control
l GPIO for various purposes
l Support in-system debug through external emulator
l In-system firmware upgrade through U-disk or SD/MMC

The above from the chip spec sheet.

The unit comes with a beautiful aluminum front panel of 50mm high by 75mm wide. it is 110 mm deep.

front panel has USB and sd memory card slots. comes with a nice small remote. Also has many function buttons on the front panel.

You copy your MP3 or WMA files to you memory card. Put the files in the root directory. The player then recognizes them and displays them by number and plays them back.

You can pause, mute, skip forward and back. LED screen shows elapse time of each cut. Also had volume adjustments that read out 1 to 25 on the LED screen. there are also 9 equalization adjustments.....but I have no idea what they are......just changes the tonal quality.

So far it sound terrific. I am going to burn it in for a few days and run some tests. For $25 USD it is hard to beat as a music source.

Hi,

Reichelt emailed me yesterday that they will send the components, so probably I can start building next weekend, as a proof. Only thing I need after that is a big SD card and a casing to it all in. Not sure yet how I'm going to do that since I want to use it in my bathroom (water and moist)

Thnx for all your information! So it's even easy to use? I like that: cheap, good and easy to use haha

About the 7805: it wants at least 7V DC. 6,3VAC rectified gives you (1,414 x 6,3) - 0,7V (voltage drop of diodes) = 8,2V. So your 6,3V transformer should do the trick. I'm going to use a 2x6V AC/10VA transformer for the preamp and the MP3 player together. I hope that's enough power.
The power amp will be a LM4780, I'll have to build that first. I'll post an update when I hear something (or ask you when it powers up and I don't hear anything :) )

Thanks for the note. I got a 5 vdc 'wall wart' from allelectronics.com and it works great.

for the other preamp, I did get a transformer that puts out 20VAC with center tap from allelectronics. [they are near me and I can go pick up, or the send 2 days by post] Took me a bit to figure out the wiring, but did get it working and it puts out 11 volts per side. I has worked well with the preamp. On the 7805 spec sheet they say they want at least 7.2VAC in order to guarantee stable output voltage.

I got the case that along1986 sells and it is really nice. I will attache photos soon.

What is the LM4780?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.