Trying to figure out how a crossfader is wired

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've taken a crossfader out of a bust Technics DJ1200 mixer. There are 6 pins on the pcb, of which 2 are ground.

I'm assuming there must be 2 stereo in's, which would take up 4 pins, and a stereo out, which would take up 2 (not counting earth). How does this work? I understand how the crossfader works in theory but not in practise...any help would be greatly appreciated. I have tried different combinations on a breadboard, the best of which was to get one channel working.

This is a pretty basic question I know...I have looked online but can't find the info I need. Thanks in advance!

There is no "in" and "out". The wiper connects to ground. The end of the track connects to channel 1, the other end of the track connects to channel 2.

Duplicate the above for the right channel.

If you are trying to mock up on a breadboard you also need to add a resistor inline with the pot. WIll be much much easier to draw, but not got time to do that right now.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.