Empire 598 pabst Motor Lubracating

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I wonder: if the manual does not address it, does it need lubbing? I don't know as I've not dealt with that particular motor. I have the Hysterisis motor on my Rek-O-Kut but it does not need lubbing.

I'll check my ROK manual as see what it says about the pabst motor they use.

OK, in the ROK manual for the models that use the Pabst is say to put 5 or 6 drops of #20 S.A.E. motor oil in the top and bottom oil holes every 12 months. It goes on to say that if there are no oil holes, the motor is permenently oiled at the factory and no more oil need be applied.

I'm rebuilding a 598 better then new. I've done several and this one will be unique.
I had the chassis sanded and finished in a mirror silver finish. I refinished the 990 arm to it's original gold matalic finish and the platters as well. The motor cover is gold matching the arm. So the whole TT looks like jewlery, Gold and Platnum look.
Once I solve the motor issue, it will be better then new. the arm is perfect as is the strobeing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.