DIY VPI Based turntable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Go see my YouTube video for the turntable I just finished.YouTube - CABoisvert's Channel

This is a custom turntable I built for my best friend, Dan. Using a 20lb VPI TNT Platter & Bearing, a VPI Motor with a VPI SDS Controller. The Tonearm is a Clearaudio Satisfy with an Audio Technica 12S (for testing only in this video. His permanent cartridge is a Clearaudio Virtuoso Wood Ebony). Anchored to a dead 45lb lead filled and spiked MDF plinth holding an internally damped armboard with a rubberized coating. I think it sounds amazing... but I'm biased!

Attachments

• Dan's TT.jpg
    Dan's TT.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 590
Greetings I'm interested in building a similar plinth for my VPI TNT v platter / bearing.
Unlike the TNT IV, the V uses a threaded bearing housing.

Can you tell me the best way to construct the plinth using MDF and where to add led shot. Also can the rubberised armboard be purchased from you?

Thank you
Sandro

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.