FR 64s and EMY XSD15

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
F64S and EMT XSD 15

Many thanks for getting back so quickly. My reason for enquiring about the EMT XSD is that I also have a SME 3012 arm and I wanted something that would work well on both. My deck is a EMT 930. I think I am probably better going for an Ortofon SPU and will check these out.

There was an extra heavy counterweight for the 64S arm....it allows the weight to be placed nearer the bearings than does the standard weight, and thereby extends the range of cartridges which can be used. It should then work well with the EMT cartridge. You can also reduce mass slightly by using a lighter headshell for more normal fitting cartridges. I used an old SPU/e for a while in this arm with great success by removing the Thorens plastic headshell and using two decent parallel bar spacers to keep the cartridge parallel in the non-housing style FR headshell - I cannot remember the FR model; no though. ( It has a nasty bump above the fastening lugs). This makes the SPU a real contender: much faster and less lush/bloated.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.