Replacement motors for Voyd turntable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Voyd turntable circa 1989. It's been in storage for a while and motors no longer work. Question for any Voyd gurus - can I use Origin LIve DC motors as replacements ? Obviously, I will need 3 of them and I would like to run them on SLA batteries. Also, I use 2 belts on the Voyd, is this feasible with the OL DC motors ?? I could of course go and buy something else, but the Voyd is a thing of rare beauty and deserves to be used ! Any ideas guys ??

These are Papst motors, not? If so the same or similar to the one on Michell decks and virtually indestructable. Any technician acquianted with small AC motors should be capable of reviving them. Otherwise you might ask the nice people at Michell...

Going for 3 OL DC motors is not a solution as there won't be any mechanism at all to synchronise the speed of the three motors. They will drift, all three of them, and fight each other.

Hi darkmatter,

I've had a look at my oil pen, there is no brand marking on it, the oil is very lite, suitable for watches, the PTFE is the important bit.

I applied one small drop between the shaft and each of the top and bottom phosphor bearings, it's a little more difficult to apply to the bottom bearing because of the flywheel, my pen is a syringe/needle style which made the application much easier.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.