Replacement Turntable - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th February 2011, 06:21 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Replacement Turntable

Hi all,

I need some help. I bought an old zenith console record player and I want to replace the turntable in it. I understand that the spot it came out of will have to get reworked so that a new one will mount appropriatly.

I am having trouble finding a resonalbly priced turntable without a plinth so that I can put it into the console.

Could somebody please point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,
Ian
Old 17th February 2011, 07:58 PM   #2
jason12 is offline jason12  United States
diyAudio Member

You will probably need to find the older kind of TT where the plinth and the turntable were separate pieces. Most newer TTs (late 70s +) were one piece where plinth was part of the TT. Just get older one and junk the plinth. Chances of finding TT without the plinth are close to zero.
Old 17th February 2011, 08:01 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

There are quite a few... most duals, garrards, and lencos would be a fantastic upgrade over the zenith. Alternatively, you could scavenge parts from any of a number of beltdrive decks mentioned on this forum and build your own plinth to install.

Hide this!Advertise here!