Thorens TD-115 Advice - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th January 2011, 09:09 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Thorens TD-115 Advice

I just got a Thorens TD-115. I know it isn't the best table, but the price was right (free!). However, it's missing the power cable and I am having a devil of a time trying to track down a replacement. Does anyone know where I can get one, or at least the name of the connector it uses?

Also, any advice on the general optimization of the table would be appreciated. I've read a couple threads, but most of them seem to be focused on other models.

Thanks!
Old 12th January 2011, 09:47 PM   #2
kevinkr is offline kevinkr  United States
diyAudio Moderator

The manuals and all of the information for this table can be found at the Vinyl Engine here: Thorens TD115 Owners Manual, Service Manual, Schematics, Free Download | Vinyl Engine

You will need to be a member in order to access the manuals which include the service manual and other useful information..

VE is the place for vinyl..

The required cord should be available from Digikey, Mouser, or potentially Radio Shack. It's a pretty common cordset on cheap electronics. I don't know what the specific name is, but it is a non-polarized two pin connector.

First make sure it is running correctly.. A better mat, a lightweight Bren record weight and an appropriate cartridge are the first things I would suggest.

Last edited by kevinkr; 12th January 2011 at 09:56 PM.
Old 12th January 2011, 11:48 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Yeah, I found the manual at Vinyl Engine and downloaded it.

I thought it might be that type of power cord, I just ordered one on monoprice.com, but wasn't sure if it would work. I'm thrilled to hear that it will.

I'm looking around at cartridges, but I hadn't heard of that record weight before, I will definitely check it out. Thanks a ton!

Hide this!Advertise here!