Thorens TD-115 Advice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just got a Thorens TD-115. I know it isn't the best table, but the price was right (free!). However, it's missing the power cable and I am having a devil of a time trying to track down a replacement. Does anyone know where I can get one, or at least the name of the connector it uses?

Also, any advice on the general optimization of the table would be appreciated. I've read a couple threads, but most of them seem to be focused on other models.

Thanks!

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
The manuals and all of the information for this table can be found at the Vinyl Engine here: Thorens TD115 Owners Manual, Service Manual, Schematics, Free Download | Vinyl Engine

You will need to be a member in order to access the manuals which include the service manual and other useful information..

VE is the place for vinyl.. :D

The required cord should be available from Digikey, Mouser, or potentially Radio Shack. It's a pretty common cordset on cheap electronics. I don't know what the specific name is, but it is a non-polarized two pin connector.

First make sure it is running correctly.. A better mat, a lightweight Bren record weight and an appropriate cartridge are the first things I would suggest.

Last edited:
Yeah, I found the manual at Vinyl Engine and downloaded it.

I thought it might be that type of power cord, I just ordered one on monoprice.com, but wasn't sure if it would work. I'm thrilled to hear that it will.

I'm looking around at cartridges, but I hadn't heard of that record weight before, I will definitely check it out. Thanks a ton!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.