What cartridge for Dual

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, the new year has arrived and with it the stark realisation that 2011 commitments are going to seriously hamper my planned turntable project. So its back out with the trusty old Dual CS505 which has seen seen its fair share of modifications over the years. It has always sounded pretty good with the Ortofon VMS30E that I fitted probably 20 years ago but I would like a change. What MM cartridges work well with this TT? I don't want to go mad but realistic upper limit would be £100.

Back in the days when I had Duals, (when the 505 was new), I always had better luck with Ortofons more than anything else. Grados never tracked right on that arm, and all the Shures and Denons I tried were too bright. The Ortofon low mass carts always seemed "just right."

I ended up switching tables because I prefer Grado carts, and they never worked well on my Duals.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.