Just bought a Panasonic WM-61A mic what else do I need?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ah, the nice Panasonics! I think there is even somewhere a calibration file for these on the forum, I'll have a look if I can find it.

Mighty Linkwitz has nice sketches, also the low distortion mod.

However, measuring frequency response in a room is entirely different level ;)

However, measuring frequency response in a room is entirely different level ;)

Indeed. These wonderful little mikes and modern software/soundcards enable the amateur to quickly acquire mountains of useless and invalid data. Anyone wanting to get good results will need to do some studying, and you can't do any better than Joe d'Appolito's "Testing Loudspeakers."

That's why you need to buy and read the book. :D

Until you understand the concepts of sampling, resolution, windowing (apodization), near field, phase unwrapping, truncation, time vs. frequency, and gating, what you're going to end up with is a bunch of messy curves that tell you more about your measurement errors than about the loudspeakers.

Here's link that will give you a flavor of a few of the issues, but really, if you want to do something useful, you need to go into much more depth and practice.
http://www.bksv.com/doc/bo0102.pdf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.