Tube power supply for turntable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Controler

This is the ready built controler. Not yet installed on my turntable, but works fine so far. I will post more pics later when my turntable is ready for a test spin.

Attachments

• DSCN2241.jpg
    DSCN2241.jpg
    399.3 KB · Views: 216
  • DSCN2243.jpg
    DSCN2243.jpg
    428.5 KB · Views: 201
  • DSCN2245.jpg
    DSCN2245.jpg
    409.9 KB · Views: 189
TTps.jpg

Relevant to the title if not the rest of the thread's content, I just found this phot on my hard drive.

It's a PP KT88 power supply for a Garrard 301. I built it about 15 years ago and ran it for a while before going on to other things. Can't remember what happened to it, probably pulled it apart because it was taking up space.

Last edited:
View attachment 292367

Relevant to the title if not the rest of the thread's content, I just found this phot on my hard drive.

It's a PP KT88 power supply for a Garrard 301. I built it about 15 years ago and ran it for a while before going on to other things. Can't remember what happened to it, probably pulled it apart because it was taking up space.

Puts me in mind of the Valradio Osc / amps that they used to make to drive synchronous capstan motors on tape machines to give variable pitch. four 807s if I remember.

Reference suly

The voltages I quoted are for the supplies.. You will need a separate reference which could very easily be derived from one of the supplies, I'd recommend an LM385-1.2V reference, a 10T pot for each speed, and a switch to select speed. The LM385 is a shunt reference and can be run off of the 9V supply using a series resistor..

Hello! should the LM385-1.2v reference have a negative (-9v) supply. My controler works but have reversed polarity where the motor is connected.
Thanks, Kenneth

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.