Tube power supply for turntable - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd June 2012, 09:57 PM   #21
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to julienlebas
Thanks Mark. Any recommendations for a fairly simple circuit to control a Maxon 110189 motor? My electronic skills are quite limited and although I received from you and others the article and circuit for your control circuit, I wouldn't mind starting with something a bit simpler. Thanks
Old 24th June 2012, 12:19 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

The app note circuit Kevin postd is about as simple as possible without huge compromises in performance.
Old 19th July 2012, 09:54 PM   #23
kenneth is offline kenneth  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Red face Controler

This is the ready built controler. Not yet installed on my turntable, but works fine so far. I will post more pics later when my turntable is ready for a test spin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2241.jpg (399.3 KB, 149 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2243.jpg (428.5 KB, 149 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2245.jpg (409.9 KB, 136 views)
Old 20th July 2012, 11:14 AM   #24
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to julienlebas
Thanks Kenneth for posting these. I am in the process of building it right now. Just one question: did you use an external symmetrical power supply? Or is it part of the board?
Old 20th July 2012, 12:43 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

TTps.jpg

Relevant to the title if not the rest of the thread's content, I just found this phot on my hard drive.

It's a PP KT88 power supply for a Garrard 301. I built it about 15 years ago and ran it for a while before going on to other things. Can't remember what happened to it, probably pulled it apart because it was taking up space.

Last edited by Mark Kelly; 20th July 2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 24th July 2012, 05:54 AM   #26
diyAudio Member

I am using a external +/-24v supply with +/-9v regulators on the board.
Old 24th July 2012, 04:48 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Kelly View Post
Attachment 292367

Relevant to the title if not the rest of the thread's content, I just found this phot on my hard drive.

It's a PP KT88 power supply for a Garrard 301. I built it about 15 years ago and ran it for a while before going on to other things. Can't remember what happened to it, probably pulled it apart because it was taking up space.
Puts me in mind of the Valradio Osc / amps that they used to make to drive synchronous capstan motors on tape machines to give variable pitch. four 807s if I remember.
Old 13th August 2012, 01:46 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

Wink Reference suly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinkr View Post
The voltages I quoted are for the supplies.. You will need a separate reference which could very easily be derived from one of the supplies, I'd recommend an LM385-1.2V reference, a 10T pot for each speed, and a switch to select speed. The LM385 is a shunt reference and can be run off of the 9V supply using a series resistor..
Hello! should the LM385-1.2v reference have a negative (-9v) supply. My controler works but have reversed polarity where the motor is connected.
Thanks, Kenneth

Hide this!Advertise here!