First Turntable For Me? Technics-1200?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The problem with the sound now is due to the receiver and speakers at my home - when I listen with headphones it's the same as in my other place...
If you are getting a reasonable sound from your speakers using CD,s and you are getting a good sound on the turntable using headphones, then have you concidered that when you use your speakers you are getting feedback into your turntable?
If you plug your headphones into the mixer, and turn the speakers up, does the sound in the headphones degrade?
Your entire audio system should be supported to avoid vibration.
I once tried everything to reduce feedback into a AR Merrill turntable, only to find that I was getting more blurring from the sound from the vibration that was getting into the phono stage! Supporting the preamp as well as the deck made my system so much better at the time!:D

It isn't feedback (at the other set up the Goldwood was 20 inches from the tonearm and there were no problems at any SPL) it's just that the system at home is so much retarded when compared to my system at my other place. And the tragedy is that the Goldwood "18 H frames with OB can't fit at home so I keep it at my other place...

When I think it out I'll post a dedicated topic on some new speakers which should be smaller than a mid sized refrigerator :) -

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/179055-sealed-volume-2x12-tb.html - If that turns out to sound good I'll get rid of my current home speakers.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.