First Turntable For Me? Technics-1200? - Page 7 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th December 2010, 02:50 PM   #61
Xoc1 is offline Xoc1  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T101 View Post
The problem with the sound now is due to the receiver and speakers at my home - when I listen with headphones it's the same as in my other place...
If you are getting a reasonable sound from your speakers using CD,s and you are getting a good sound on the turntable using headphones, then have you concidered that when you use your speakers you are getting feedback into your turntable?
If you plug your headphones into the mixer, and turn the speakers up, does the sound in the headphones degrade?
Your entire audio system should be supported to avoid vibration.
I once tried everything to reduce feedback into a AR Merrill turntable, only to find that I was getting more blurring from the sound from the vibration that was getting into the phono stage! Supporting the preamp as well as the deck made my system so much better at the time!
Old 13th December 2010, 03:38 PM   #62
T101 is offline T101  Bulgaria
diyAudio Member

It isn't feedback (at the other set up the Goldwood was 20 inches from the tonearm and there were no problems at any SPL) it's just that the system at home is so much retarded when compared to my system at my other place. And the tragedy is that the Goldwood "18 H frames with OB can't fit at home so I keep it at my other place...

When I think it out I'll post a dedicated topic on some new speakers which should be smaller than a mid sized refrigerator -

Sealed Volume 2x12 and a TB? - If that turns out to sound good I'll get rid of my current home speakers.

Last edited by T101; 13th December 2010 at 03:41 PM.
Old 24th August 2013, 05:16 PM   #63
diyAudio Member

Default Reason For Belt Drive Popularity

Which Turntable Company who run down DD could afford the development cost to produce a good DD.

Hide this!Advertise here!