Turntable Dust Cover Source - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th November 2010, 06:34 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Turntable Dust Cover Source

I recently bought a Denon DP-62L TT on E-pay. The seller didn't pack it properly, and the dust cover is now in several pieces. There is one seller on Epay whose business is making replacement dust cover (as long as you still have the hinges). He's a bit expensive. Is anyone familiar with other sources? An NOS or used cover would work fine for me, too, as long as it's in decent shape.
Old 16th January 2011, 12:35 AM   #2
john65b is offline john65b  United States
diyAudio Member

Hello,

Just picked up a DP-62L too of fleabay with a broken dustcover. Did you ever find a source?

Hmm, mine came from California too - was it yours???
Old 16th January 2011, 12:46 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

The DP-62L you got wasn't mine, as I still have it. I went with the E-bay source - a bit expensive, but the cover is nice. The only hitch is you have to have the original hinges, as they only do plastics fabrication. The cover comes with holes in the right places to attach the hinges. In a pinch, you could probably get them to do a plain cover, but I personally like the hinged ones better. Search for "DP-62L Dust Cover" on Ebay.

Last edited by wrenchone; 16th January 2011 at 12:50 AM.
Old 18th January 2011, 09:07 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Don't know about NOS covers for the Denon, but I can aim you at a firm that makes nice custom covers to your specification. If you are interested, I can forward you the contact info this evening, after I get home from work.
Old 18th January 2011, 10:12 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

I'f they're out of Florida, it's probably the same guys that are on Ebay - if not, it's nice to know another source.
Old 18th January 2011, 10:23 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenchone View Post
I'f they're out of Florida, it's probably the same guys that are on Ebay - if not, it's nice to know another source.
No, it is JMK Displays out of upstate New York: link here

Their main business is acrylic displays. Turntable dustcovers is a logical side line.

I'm thrilled with the one they made for me.
Old 18th January 2011, 10:35 PM   #7
kevinkr is offline kevinkr  United States
diyAudio Moderator

JM Thanks for posting that link. I have a feeling I will find it useful in the future.
Old 18th January 2011, 11:36 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

It's good to have the link, but they (the NY source) seem only capable of doing simple non-hinged dust covers, unless one supplies them an exact drawing. With the Florida source, all I had to do was specify the TT model number, and I got a cover of the right size with hinge holes all drilled and ready to go. This little service probably costs extra, but it was worth it for simplicity and peace of mind.

Hide this!Advertise here!