Sequerra Tuner

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
deeng said:
I have a Sequerra One tuner. It works fine except for the panoramic display. I have no documentation on the tuner. Does anyone have any information on the panoramic sweep circuits.

Thanks,

deeng

Hi Deeng,
I once asked for a service manual or schematic for the Sequerra tuner.
I did not get it and it ended in a bight fight with Mr. Sequerra who was refusing me to buy the latest model of his tuner!
:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :mad:

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi Elso,

I did not get it and it ended in a bight fight with Mr. Sequerra who was refusing me to buy the latest model of his tuner!

Geez Elso you guys are way too rich....:bigeyes:

Maybe you should try again, the Day Sequerra company was sold IIRC and is run by different people now.

If you love tuners, you owe it to yourself to try a Rhode and Shwarz ....absolutely fabulous.

Cheers, ;)

Thanks for your replies. I had a couple of email conversations with Dick Sequerra. He told me there were no schematics. I don't know if none exist or he didn't wish to provide one. He did at one point suggest an area to look at to solve the problem.

The sweep started working by itself and I had a panoramic display once again. Alas, it stopped again a few days later.

I sold the tuner to Dick Sequerra. I believe we were both happy with that outcome. The tuner was capable of much better performance than is justified by FM transmissions in this area.

deeng

Hello John,

The way I figure it is to learn from other people and companies. When I think of the people that have been super-secretive, it doesn't seem that they have been all that successful. On the other hand, none of the successful companies have been that concerned with secrecy.

There are always exceptions (Wilson Audio springs to mind), but I can't think of many. Can you?

Best regards,
Charles Hansen

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
fdegrove said:
Hi,

When you use cable distribution...yes probably.

Get a real arial and a real good tuner and you may be in for something you've never even thought possible though.

No kidding,;)

unfortunatelly- I do not have Rhode und Schwartz ;
but I have real aerial (not cable ) (some mumbo jumbo with elements in 3 floors; I know that Hirschman made something like this,but mine is Gorenje ;) on roof of 5 floor building;
for local FM quality,my old ReVox is good enough.
I have opportunity to hear one R & S measuring unit here in local radio station; ya know what I mean about it- Good tuner is good tuner and bad is bad.
R & S is good,but not worth worshipin (hehehehe........)
:goodbad:

There was a review of the Sequerra tuner a long time ago I believe in Audio magazine or Sterno Review. That review also included a look at some of the schematic....front end, I.F. and limiters. I do remember that it was all fully balanced from the Rf stage to the output section. Very unique design and surely the chief reason that it sounded so good.... but still not quite as good as my REL tuner did.

What a huge mistake you made for selling your Sequerra back to him. I would have gladly doubled his offer to own an original.

Mark

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.