Removing Platter on Technics SL-1300?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings!

I picked up my first turntable yesterday in 35 years :) Technics SL-1300
for $20 on Craigslist, seems OK except missing the aux counterweight and has no cartridge or headshell. I just ordered a headshell and Denon DL-110 for
130 combined so I hope am good to go shortly...

I am wondering how to remove the platter so as to add a couple drops of oil to the bearing? I downloaded the manual from another website, but nowhere can I find how to remove the platter to access the spindle bearing. I removed the mat, the platter will not lift off, I can see the ends, not heads, of three bolts screwed in from the underside. I removed the bottom cover to see what it looks like, no joy for platter release there (but the unit looks very clean!).

Looks like i am missing something very obvious ?

Thank you for any help in this...

Hello,
As described earlier, using the holes in the platter lift the platter and the whole turntable up off the table about 1/4 of an inch and tap the top of the spindle gently with a wooden mallet. The whole turntable should drop leaving you with the platter in your hand. You can do this by yourself or ask for assistance.
David

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.