The Technics Raka, the SL-1400 MK II is a wailing, no golfing ...thanks to all - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th July 2003, 10:37 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default The Technics Raka, the SL-1400 MK II is a wailing, no golfing ...thanks to all

I appreciate all the suggestions with respect to all regarding the suspension springs.

I suspect that Raka ... and a few others perceive myself as having an IQ comparable to a dandelion. For the record, yes I did go to the office golf tourney but prefer more cardiovascular sports such as tennis and squash. I jog everyday at lunch..breaks up the day and feel refreshed for the afternoon.

Now back to analog. Very satisfied with that Technics SL-1400 MK II. I merely secured the springs and broke down and bought a set of Audioquest Sorbothane Big Feet. I can have all the bass I want and that includes utilizing a vintage Audio Control Bass restorer and dbx 3BX Series 3 Dynamic Range expander with Impact restoration.

Incidently the audiophile shop owner and a technician where I bought the Big Feet wanted to examine the Technics as they had never seen that model before. They commented that they felt it was more solidly/quality built than the current 1200 series. It weighs significantly more. Then they hooked it up to a Pioneer Elite amplifier and their Klipshorns and yes I was there 1/2 hour while they played their favorites.

The Orion Bluebook states the following

TBL, SL-1400 MK II

Manufacture Years: 1976 - 1980

Retail MSRP: $575.00
Old 14th July 2003, 09:26 AM   #2
Raka is offline Raka  Europe
diyAudio Member

So you like your TT more if somebody else says it's good, don't you ?
It's common fever to all of us.

Happy to meet another vynil lover

Hide this!Advertise here!