Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Restoring and Improving A Thorens TD-124 MKII
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th December 2017, 07:38 PM   #2531
kevinkr is offline kevinkr  United States
diyAudio Moderator

That's great news!
Old 11th December 2017, 10:11 AM   #2532
nigel pearson is offline nigel pearson  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleppermaster View Post
Thanks kevenkr solved my problem. Turns out the drive pulley on the motor was flipped to the 50Hz end. I flipped it over to the 60Hz end and it is keeping rock solid proper speed with about 0.100 gap between the magnet and the stepped pulley.

I'm verry pleased with the result and want to thank everyone on this site for their assistance.

Also I'm a little embarrassed I didn't catch this on my own. I pride myself on my mechanical skill. I'm surprised I missed this.
Good news is you now have checked everything. 3lbs is excellent lifting ability for the magnet.
Old 11th December 2017, 02:33 PM   #2533
kleppermaster is offline kleppermaster
diyAudio Member

Thanks everyone!

Yesterday evening my wife and I had a nice evening siting by the fire and listening to my vinyl jazz collection using the TD-124. It was most delightful.

The TD-124 replaced a Dennon DP62r. The Dennon was a good table, but a LED went out on it. I downloaded the service manual and when I got a look at what was inside I never felt comfortable with it again. Not that it was poorly made. If fact it is very well made. However, I feel uncomfortable with equipment in my system that I cannot repair. The Dennon has IC's all over the place. If I get a power serge and one of them blows I'll be stuck with a $500.00 door stop.

I am much happier with the Thorens TD-124. There is nothing in it I can't fix.
Old 12th December 2017, 12:27 AM   #2534
kevinkr is offline kevinkr  United States
diyAudio Moderator

And it even sounds good..

Restoring and Improving A Thorens TD-124 MKIIHide this!Advertise here!