Help with soldering Y cable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I want to make audio cable to connect my laptop to my receiver...
So... Please help me..
how can i solder 1/8 connector to 2 rca connectors...?
What cable should i use?

I saw various guides to solder rca-rca cable but not even 1 that shows you how to make Y cable...

Can you find me this guide or just explain it to me..?
Thanks!

It's probably easier to join three cables than to attach multiple wires in a connector. Find a reasonable cable with the correct 1/8 inch connector and a RCA to RCA cable. Is this mono or stereo? In any case, cut the RCA to RCA in half. Cut the 1/8 to a handy length. The 3 shields are connected together. If mono then the 3 center conductors are connected together. If stereo, one of the two 1/8 center leads goes to one RCA and the other center conductor goes to the other.

Hi,
I want to make audio cable to connect my laptop to my receiver...
So... Please help me..
how can i solder 1/8 connector to 2 rca connectors...?
What cable should i use?

I saw various guides to solder rca-rca cable but not even 1 that shows you how to make Y cable...

Can you find me this guide or just explain it to me..?
Thanks!

You connecting to 2 stereo destinations or just the one stereo receiver? It sounds like you're planning on building something like product 644 from here

Audio Cables - RCA / 3.5mm

If that is the case, why bother to duplicate a 65 cent cable?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.