Interesting Link

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
cavalry:cool:

Attachments

• sp10.jpg
    sp10.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 1,020
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
stokessd said:

I should think not, direct drive nastiness, DJ turntable class of beast. I'd rather turn my vinyl on a pencil.

Sheldon

hehe-in past life I have SL1400;
spend two yrs in tweaking,then I trade it for 930st.
after that-even my 401 and Lenco L75 are better than heavily tweaked SL1400.
hoho-"I'd rather turn my vinyl on a pencil" !!!!!!!!

Yes in a wicca Cantebury word desports...not the French translation. The world loves clowns. The investment was a dollar at a lawn sale. Yes a pencil would be cheaper.

Originally I contemplated buying a Music Hall MM 7 until I came across this TT. Just between us girls, I have since did a comparison with a Technics 1200 and personally did hear any objective difference. Yes I suspect you will be quick to point out that the Technics is also a DJ turnatable.

In a remote chance maybe someday I will come across a SP 10.

Anyways thanks again for the comments from the peanut gallery.

I have just recently graduated and someday I may have a system that you would consider worthy in this forum. I prefer not to sell my soul to the bank to get there.

In the meantime keep up the tweaks for we impoverished peasants to improve on what we have.:cool:

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Audio Addict said:
Yes in a wicca Cantebury word desports...not the French translation. The world loves clowns. The investment was a dollar at a lawn sale. Yes a pencil would be cheaper.

Originally I contemplated buying a Music Hall MM 7 until I came across this TT. Just between us girls, I have since did a comparison with a Technics 1200 and personally did hear any objective difference. Yes I suspect you will be quick to point out that the Technics is also a DJ turnatable.

I have just recently graduated and someday I may have a system that you would consider worthy in this forum. I prefer not to sell my soul to the bank to get there.

In the meantime keep up the tweaks for we impoverished peasants to improve on what we have.:cool:
Hey AA,

Don't let these TT snobs get the best of you. I've used a SL 1700 for years an it does a great job.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Audio Addict said:

hehe,we just jokin'........
I have great time with my SL1400,both-with listening and tweaking.
in this time I have perfect cartridge for this TT-Satin M117G;
Technics arms just love decent MCs ,naturally after tweaking arm's base and arm's cylinder (if that is proper word for vertical part of arm).
yoou can damp base with tar sheets,gluing it with silycone #$%$#### (what is proper word for-ha! sealant!!!).
I have great results in that way with my 1400.
when I say that my Lenco and 401 and EMT are better,they are-but we must always think that good Technics is relativelly easy to find,but decent specimen of mentioned TTables is not easy to find.
cheers,without bad blood.........

:nod:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.