my latest iteration of "Nanook's 219 tonearm"..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'll be monitoring this thread, so I probably won't forget, but I'll see about getting some pictures (I've got a cheap digital camera) of the insides when and if I can.
Can't forget one's pals after all!:D

Thanks Terry. Very much appreciated.

if not i have some 30g silver coated copper with teflon jacket...

Ok, thanks.

jeff

Last edited:
Jeff and Terry...

do make the arms. They are worth the effort and even the $2.19 the original cost me to make;)

Jeff: the SL1200 would make an interesting listen, and is a work-horse. At worst, it's an appliance.

Terry. Lucky pooch. The simplicity of the arm is one of the things that I actually like most about this design. Please note, that the "joke" Altmann arm was my original inspiration.

In both cases you may have to create some sort of tab to allow you to move the arm easily, and some sort of arm rest (much like the Well Tempered type seems obvious).

I'm currently looking at the arm made by Bernard Salabert , and thinking of modifying the arm further, as well as trying one of these.

Any that make the "219" (sorry for the typo in the thread typo), please post your findings and comments.

do make the arms. They are worth the effort and even the $2.19 the original cost me to make;)

Jeff: the SL1200 would make an interesting listen, and is a work-horse. At worst, it's an appliance.

Terry. Lucky pooch. The simplicity of the arm is one of the things that I actually like most about this design. Please note, that the "joke" Altmann arm was my original inspiration.

In both cases you may have to create some sort of tab to allow you to move the arm easily, and some sort of arm rest (much like the Well Tempered type seems obvious).

I'm currently looking at the arm made by Bernard Salabert , and thinking of modifying the arm further, as well as trying one of these.

Any that make the "219" (sorry for the typo in the thread typo), please post your findings and comments.

Stew,
I've seen that tonearm, or one very like it on a U-tube video.

tonearm.jpg

Best Regards,
TerryO

wjlamp:

And in this case there is no b*****it about any of it. The materials were chosen carefully with an eye towards a level of quality and the potential level of performance using commonly available items. Good design need not cost more:)

That was the point of my post.Good design needs only what it takes to be right,and black magic(b.....t),it ain't.I am not fond of methods that try to kill flies with a bomb.
I use a Stax UA 70 12",and a Rega RB 300, in my analogue setup,and I believe that both of them are good enough as reference points of match or exceed them.(exceed them,but I am playing modest)
Currently I am trying to build a linear, parallel tracking tonearm ,with a not great result ,so far, but your design is scintillating.
Thanks for your input.

B.L.

If you both want one they are all spoken for.

Kevin, post to the US is $9 surface (have to look up air ... you have my paypal)

BL, you haven't marked your location, i'd need that to figure post.

dave

Yes,it was a speedy registration ( the teapot was whistling in the kitchen and rain was dribbling through an open window).
Location is Athens,Greece.
Just let me know the details.
Lots of thanks

B.L

Actually I don't know that for a fact.
You might want to ask your neighbors if they already have a "Nanook 219." That way you can be sure.

Best Regards,
TerryO

Hi TerryO,
that's unimportant.I was joking about being a Nanook 219 pioneer in Europe.
It is very nice of them,guys,that are giving free tonearms to us.
I intend to mount it, on a modified to non suspended Thorens 150 platter and motor unit,with a Denon 103.
BTW my nearest neighbors are into PC music only.

B.L

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.