Beginner Help: Thorens TD 125 voltage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm completely new to turntables and am in need of help.

I have just purchased a Thorens TD 125 MK II. The power adapter is american (and I live in australia), so I just want to ensure that the power supply is set up for 230V and not 120V.

I've attached the instructions from the manual for how to carry this out, and also a picture of the circuit in question. I'm unable to follow the instructions and was hoping someone could explain to me in as simple a manner as possible.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 120
  • DSCF1016.jpg
    DSCF1016.jpg
    354.7 KB · Views: 115
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
It's all set, I can see that the little 5 x 20mm fuse is installed and that is for 220V operation.

You can either change the plug, use a travel adapter or change the cord set to address the American plug on the line cord.

Note that you should check to make sure that the stroboscope mirror & lens assembly is in the 50Hz position, and that's it.

(I have a TD-125)

If this is an eBay score please check to make sure the electrolytic caps in the drive electronics have all been replaced. (If you can't do this find someone who can.)
This TT is now somewhere around 38yrs old and the caps have deteriorated significantly by now.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Try to see if you can identify the 4 digit date codes on the caps, otherwise my best advice is to find someone who can look at it and tell you. Mouser or Digikey sell all of the correct oddball values required in axial style construction so that they will fit the board properly.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.