Weekly Vinyl Giveaway - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th September 2010, 09:43 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Doctorcilantro Send a message via MSN to Doctorcilantro Send a message via Yahoo to Doctorcilantro
Default Weekly Vinyl Giveaway

Had a couple bad pressings of an LP, but EXCELLENT customer service from Soundstage Direct to rectify Sony/RCA's problem. I'm going to partner with them on my blog to do a weekly vinyl record giveaway.

I don't have a lot of followers or readers on my blog, and I just geek out on my blog archiving HiFi oddities, interesting videos or links, and digital audio experiments (which I hope to do a lot more of - including component shootouts with local HiFi club). It would be easier if people entered on the blog with a comment but I won't make that mandatory - it would just help to organize the weekly drawing (and I work full time with two kids and a working audio-nut friendly wife). You don't have to subscribe to the blog but hey that would be cool too!

So first up is a 45, just to get things rolling. It's a promo 45RPM release for Ray Lamontagne's new album God Willin' & the Creek Don't Rise. These are two tracks from this excellent album issued by RCA Sony in 2010. I can give it a cleaning on the Nitty Gritty for you, but it will be unplayed. I have however heard these songs from the LP release.

Soundstage Direct mentioned the possibility of doing Steve Vai's new album next - don't get your hopes up, but I'm hopeful we'll even get some pretty sweet holiday karma working too. I can toss in some vacuum tubes from time to time as well. They are a top notch group of folks and just blew me away with their service, and this idea!

LP Giveaway

RULES:
Must be in the States.
Just post in the comments "I'm in, and I'm listening to ......"

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 10th September 2010, 12:41 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Count me in... I live in Southaven, Mississippi.
Thanks,
Danny
Old 11th September 2010, 10:49 AM   #3
markdam is offline markdam  United States
diyAudio Member

I'm in, and I'm listening too ......
Old 14th September 2010, 04:59 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Doctorcilantro Send a message via MSN to Doctorcilantro Send a message via Yahoo to Doctorcilantro
Moved for update.

Hide this!Advertise here!