EMT 930st new box

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My gramo was out of the box for years...
I decided to give him a new jacket
:p
nothing special just to cover the mess inside
it was really annoying to have a look into numerous parts
and mechanic inside...
now the arm from the back is protected because I put additional
length to cover all parts and also have a opportunity to add plexi cover from the top?

pics

Attachments

• emt_01.jpg
    emt_01.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 698
  • emt_02.jpg
    emt_02.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 655
Thanks kevinkr & zeonrider...
top plate input for the device,
i done just like the pdf sheets said
but it has to be little bit more room at the edges
just 1mm or 2mm rounded each... And unit will fit nicely
this is absolute the smallest box,
making all parts are covered even a back side of armemt
which wo housing, going before the metal base and increasing the chance of damaging...:D

EMT 930st Plinth ... not fully done yet.

Your box looks great. What kind of wood is it ? I like the cut-out on both sides of the plinth.

Here is my EMT 930st DIY plinth project. It is not full done yet. I added the second tonearm so I can use other cartridges. There is still room on the left to add a third 12 in. tonearm. :p

I'm thinking veneer it with Ebony veneer or Black Formica. What do you think ? :D:D:D

I heard that EMT 930 has to be in a plinth in order to sound the best. The EMT shock proof stand is very nice too but it is very expensive.:mad:

Samsung430002-3.jpg

Last edited:
The cut-out on both sides of the EMT plinth....

My gramo was out of the box for years...
I decided to give him a new jacket
:p
nothing special just to cover the mess inside
it was really annoying to have a look into numerous parts
and mechanic inside...
now the arm from the back is protected because I put additional
length to cover all parts and also have a opportunity to add plexi cover from the top?

I like your cut-out feature on both sides of the EMT plinth. I like to add them to my DIY plinth. I would like to know how you do it. :D What kind of tool do I need ?

Thanks.....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.