Record clamps, weights.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey all new to the forum. just wanted to get peoples input on the pros and cons of record weights ,and clamps. i just purchased a music hall 7.1 which comes with a screw down record clamp. im not to fond about having to unscrew and screw every time i flip an album,so i purchased a rek o kut 1.1 pound clamp. sounds awesome. i also made my own weights out of corian scraps filled with lead beatiful looking and weight of 1.25 pounds. my main question to the forum is does the extra weight effect the speed box hurt the motor etc, how much is to much. thanks for any advice.

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

Instead of dispersing unwanted energy in an uncontrolled and unpredictable manner it would be better to channel this energy in such a way that it can't interfere with the stylus.

In that way one can build a system that sounds very close to a master tape with great clarity, inner detail and surprising dynamic range.

IOW, vibrant and lifelike as opposed to dull and uninvolving.

Ciao, ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.