Rewire Empire 98 tonearm need help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear all,

I would like to rewire my very old Empire 98 tonearm. The problem I have is I don't how to pull out the connection that connect with headshell out. In the attachement in red circle, it seem to have a screw that lock the connector in place but seem like no way to unscrew it.

Any one know about this arm?

Attachments

• empire arm top.jpg
    empire arm top.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 149
This looks more like a pin or rivet with a spiral-twist post as is often used in plastics. Cover the tonearm with electrical tape (choice of color is yours!) for protection and ease-out the pin with a pair of old sidecutters. You propably will have difficulties removing the connector though, as it has been in there for a long time
E

Gentlemen: Be patient. How long have these pins be in: 20 + years? Inserted into than soft plastic. Mabe a gentle warming with a heatgun/hairdrier will help. Maybe a dab of acetone on the pin-head to be wicked in. Repeat and wait for a while. But you will still need to get the connector out of the tube after that!

Think of it like a screw in hardwood. After 20 years it refuses to let go too! Oh, we had such a good, long relationship! E

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.