VinylEngine - Page 5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th December 2010, 08:49 AM   #41
diyAudio Member

JaS,

I've been trying to get back in to Vinylengine for a week or more, but keep getting redirected to Google. What can I do to get back in, please?
Old 13th December 2010, 12:05 AM   #42
Zodia is offline Zodia  United States
diyAudio Member

Check your browser settings, run a virus scan, vinylengine is working fine for me.
Old 13th December 2010, 12:50 AM   #43
kevinkr is offline kevinkr  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dawg View Post
JaS,

I've been trying to get back in to Vinylengine for a week or more, but keep getting redirected to Google. What can I do to get back in, please?

What browser are you using? Try installing Google Chrome or Firefox if you are using any of the older versions of IE.. There was a drive by download some months ago targeted at IE that caused this sort of behavior, although usually this would affect a lot of sites.
Old 14th December 2010, 05:04 AM   #44
diyAudio Member

I'm using Firefox. I'll run more virus scans, etc. and see if that helps. Thanks for the input.
Old 8th January 2011, 07:00 PM   #45
diyAudio Member

Sorry for not replying earlier but I've been busy and forgot about this thread

FWIW both sites have been moved to a new server now and I've written a new anti-spam system that should remove the need to block so many addresses. I'm still ironing out the bugs (I'm not a professional programmer) but page views are up about 10K a day so I'm guessing most folks are getting through now?

Regards,
JaS
Old 8th January 2011, 07:22 PM   #46
diyAudio Member

I was wondering what happened. I've been able to access for a couple weeks or so, now.

Whatever it was, thanks so much. Your site is an incredible resource and an amazingly valuable asset to the audiophile community.
Old 8th January 2011, 10:46 PM   #47
kevinkr is offline kevinkr  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dawg View Post
<snip>

Whatever it was, thanks so much. Your site is an incredible resource and an amazingly valuable asset to the audiophile community.
+1 on that comment. One of the truly useful sites on the net.. I'm active there too.
Old 9th January 2011, 12:24 AM   #48
benb is offline benb  United States
diyAudio Member

+33 and +45.
Old 28th June 2014, 01:23 AM   #49
diyAudio Member

Hi,

I know this is a super old thread but I've recently been banned from vinylengine.com after forgetting my password and trying too many times in a row. The ban doesn't seem to be temporary and actually affects my IP, similar to the messages earlier in this thread. I'm not being redirected to google, though. Instead I get a plain page that says I've been banned.

I love the vinylengine site and was at that specific time trying to get the manual for a Technics SL B200 turntable.

Does anyone have any ideas short of using a proxy server to access the site? I specifically created an account here just to post this, as it seems to be hard/impossible to send any form of communication to vinylengine.com. I'm sure I'll use this forum more in the future, though.

Thanks.
Old 28th June 2014, 05:33 AM   #50
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by offling View Post
Hi,

I know this is a super old thread but I've recently been banned from vinylengine.com after forgetting my password and trying too many times in a row. The ban doesn't seem to be temporary and actually affects my IP, similar to the messages earlier in this thread. I'm not being redirected to google, though. Instead I get a plain page that says I've been banned.

I love the vinylengine site and was at that specific time trying to get the manual for a Technics SL B200 turntable.

Does anyone have any ideas short of using a proxy server to access the site? I specifically created an account here just to post this, as it seems to be hard/impossible to send any form of communication to vinylengine.com. I'm sure I'll use this forum more in the future, though.
I had a very similar experience. Tried too many times with an incorrect password and ended up with a permanent ban. I contacted JAS who provided a temporary password but that wouldn't work either. In the end I got frustrated and just gave up. If JAS is viewing this forum I would also appreciated advice on how to get 'un-banned' as VE is a great site for turntable enthusiasts.
Graham

Thanks.

Hide this!Advertise here!