VinylEngine

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
JaS,

I've been trying to get back in to Vinylengine for a week or more, but keep getting redirected to Google. What can I do to get back in, please?

What browser are you using? Try installing Google Chrome or Firefox if you are using any of the older versions of IE.. There was a drive by download some months ago targeted at IE that caused this sort of behavior, although usually this would affect a lot of sites.

Sorry for not replying earlier but I've been busy and forgot about this thread :eek:

FWIW both sites have been moved to a new server now and I've written a new anti-spam system that should remove the need to block so many addresses. I'm still ironing out the bugs (I'm not a professional programmer) but page views are up about 10K a day so I'm guessing most folks are getting through now?

Regards,
JaS

Hi,

I know this is a super old thread but I've recently been banned from vinylengine.com after forgetting my password and trying too many times in a row. The ban doesn't seem to be temporary and actually affects my IP, similar to the messages earlier in this thread. I'm not being redirected to google, though. Instead I get a plain page that says I've been banned.

I love the vinylengine site and was at that specific time trying to get the manual for a Technics SL B200 turntable.

Does anyone have any ideas short of using a proxy server to access the site? I specifically created an account here just to post this, as it seems to be hard/impossible to send any form of communication to vinylengine.com. I'm sure I'll use this forum more in the future, though. :)

Thanks.

Hi,

I know this is a super old thread but I've recently been banned from vinylengine.com after forgetting my password and trying too many times in a row. The ban doesn't seem to be temporary and actually affects my IP, similar to the messages earlier in this thread. I'm not being redirected to google, though. Instead I get a plain page that says I've been banned.

I love the vinylengine site and was at that specific time trying to get the manual for a Technics SL B200 turntable.

Does anyone have any ideas short of using a proxy server to access the site? I specifically created an account here just to post this, as it seems to be hard/impossible to send any form of communication to vinylengine.com. I'm sure I'll use this forum more in the future, though. :)
I had a very similar experience. Tried too many times with an incorrect password and ended up with a permanent ban.:mad::mad: I contacted JAS who provided a temporary password but that wouldn't work either. In the end I got frustrated and just gave up. If JAS is viewing this forum I would also appreciated advice on how to get 'un-banned' as VE is a great site for turntable enthusiasts.
Graham:)

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks.

I had a very similar experience. Tried too many times with an incorrect password and ended up with a permanent ban.:mad::mad: I contacted JAS who provided a temporary password but that wouldn't work either. In the end I got frustrated and just gave up. If JAS is viewing this forum I would also appreciated advice on how to get 'un-banned' as VE is a great site for turntable enthusiasts.
Graham:)

Thanks.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

There is a procedure for this situation ... doesn't it work? ... ofcourse if you have forgotten pwd for your e-mail as well or registering e-mail address is not valid anymore ...

What is with Vinylengine access?

FWIW both sites have been moved to a new server now and I've written a new anti-spam system that should remove the need to block so many addresses. I'm still ironing out the bugs (I'm not a professional programmer) but page views are up about 10K a day so I'm guessing most folks are getting through now?
Regards,
JaS[/QUOTE]
Hi, JaS. I'm trying to enter Vinylengine (I'm a registered user there for years and never had any problems) for about one month with no result. :mad:Virus scans and reinstalling Google Chrome and Mozilla doesn't help. I've never had any conflicts neither broke any rules there, so I hardly could be banned. However just unable to contact them at all to clear the cause of problem. Any advices will be really appreciated.:confused:

Well, I was banned by JaS at the end of april (2014). For one month... Probably because I posted a link to the same topic at diyaudio.com (JaS had just removed the DIY categories, so I don't think I "abused" vinylengine).
Nevertheless, in june, etc. I was still banned. And when I used a proxy to look at the topic, I only had 3 times access to the site. After that, the proxy was "banned" too. That's why I suppose JaS is a very active site owner/moderator.