VinylEngine - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th July 2010, 01:26 PM   #21
jonners is offline jonners  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraBingleHo View Post
Hi Hugo,
it makes no difference, if i use a proxy server i can read it in spanish (yay) but still can't log in.
If you can't log in via the proxy then you may have been excluded.
It happened to me, apparently for innocently posting a link to another audio forum which is out of favour at VE. (That was my assumption - I was never told why my access was denied.)

Last edited by jonners; 18th July 2010 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Missing word added.
Old 20th July 2010, 01:43 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraBingleHo View Post
it makes no difference, if i use a proxy server i can read it in spanish (yay) but still can't log in.
We don't have a registered member called LaraBingleHo

Regards,
JaS
Old 21st July 2010, 06:33 AM   #23
Calvin is offline Calvin  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hi,

still the same Prob of unwanted redirection to Google (why Google anyway??) :-((
How and when will the Bug be fixed?

jauu
Calvin
Old 21st July 2010, 09:59 AM   #24
diyAudio Member

Hi,
Sorry, but it's not a bug so there's nothing to fix.

It works like this: the IP addresses of hackers/port scanners/spammers are temporarily redirected to Google and a report made to their ISP. Traffic from known sources of spam is also logged. Repeated attacks result in a permanent ban of the IP range that contains the problem IP addresses. There was always a possibility that this would affect a small percentage of legitimate users whose IP addresses fall within these ranges (especially if you are in a spammer hot spot like Nigeria, Russia, China or India) but it's unavoidable when the ISPs in question don't act on abuse reports. With just me moderating the site in my spare time (it's not a business) it's impossible to deal with the problem any other way. I'm sure that big, commercial sites employ people full time to deal with abuse but owners of small, personal websites like mine don't have that option

Again, I'm sorry if you're one of the few affected but this is a problem with your ISP and the idiots they allow to abuse it.

Regards,
JaS
Old 21st July 2010, 03:38 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

Hi Jas,

Could you let me know why I'm locked out of VE. I've never had any problems over the years but I'm still getting bounced back to Google. I've tried accessing via Safari but I'm getting the same result. If I've done anything wrong could you let me know so I might have the chance to make things right?
Hope to hear back
Old 21st July 2010, 04:15 PM   #26
kevinkr is offline kevinkr  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkishienne View Post
Hi Jas,

Could you let me know why I'm locked out of VE. I've never had any problems over the years but I'm still getting bounced back to Google. I've tried accessing via Safari but I'm getting the same result. If I've done anything wrong could you let me know so I might have the chance to make things right?
Hope to hear back
Read post # 24 - this probably has something to do with your access issue unfortunately. Perhaps you can use a proxy server to access VE?
Old 21st July 2010, 05:32 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinkr View Post
Read post # 24 - this probably has something to do with your access issue unfortunately. Perhaps you can use a proxy server to access VE?
I'm in the UK and have been a member and contributor to VE for several years. I can access HIFI engine I'm unfortunately technically challenged - I just hope JAS can help
Old 21st July 2010, 06:46 PM   #28
jonners is offline jonners  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkishienne View Post
I'm in the UK and have been a member and contributor to VE for several years. I can access HIFI engine I'm unfortunately technically challenged - I just hope JAS can help
Using a proxy server is simple and non-technical: Just locate the server's page (e.g. goproxing.com) and enter vinylengine.com in the appropriate box.
Old 22nd July 2010, 12:23 AM   #29
diyAudio Member

so how do i get back in. i was only on for about a month and was a great site.
Old 22nd July 2010, 06:34 AM   #30
Calvin is offline Calvin  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hi,

it might be interesting to know the reason of the non-functionality for people who understand the background. I don´t. I´m simply interested in a positive result or to know what I could do to help solve the problem. I´m certainly no spammer or ´weirdo from another planet´. I just like to red and contribute as I did until shortly.

jauu
Calvin

Hide this!Advertise here!