Hps 5.1

You could use any other high quality polypropylen cap like WIMA MKP10 or Rifa PHE450.
I like the RIFA somewhat more but differences are small at that low level of voltage. RIFA also has a new type called SMR that uses PPS dielectric that has very little distortion at audio frequencies. Boutique caps rarely show any improvement and are much more expensive.

iko

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2008
I realize lots of people aren't located in Toronto or vicinity, but for those who are, this particular capacitor is found in a local surplus store named Active Surplus, on Queen St. near CityTV. It's cost in the surplus store is a few dollars a piece.

I realize lots of people aren't located in Toronto or vicinity, but for those who are, this particular capacitor is found in a local surplus store named Active Surplus, on Queen St. near CityTV. It's cost in the surplus store is a few dollars a piece.

ah, that's nice to know :)

It looks like something that is axial leaded and is 1.5" long and 1" wide will be the best fit. Not that box caps won't fit, but it could be a tricky fit and would require a ~40mm pitch, which isn't too common but perhaps a 37.5mm pitch might be able to be forced in... This is probably something best tested on the actual boards.

Disabled Account
Joined 2008
I don't really even want to ask this, but... is there any advantage to trying to match the BF862 devices?

Hi
As you may have noticed syn08 is not a member here anymore, so don’t expect that he will or can answer your question at this forum.
Anyway the answer to you question about matching is: no

This is what syn08 is saying at another forum: The answer is no, matching devices makes here absolutely no sense.

Cheers