Technics Servo Drive Modifications

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys,

My physics teacher just traded me an SL-1400 for my SL-Q200. I figured the SL-1400 was an all around better turntable. I don't know if I'm going to regret this eventually or not...it seems to be a higher quality TT, and I like being able to vary the speeds. The SL-1400 seems to have more variety in cartridges.

However, looking at the schematic, I have found that it should be easy to modify the 45 rpm to play 78s. I would like to modify my turntable to keep the 33 rpm speed the same but have the 45 speed vary from ~40 to ~85 rpm. Is this possible? I'm hoping to use the existing pots.

Thanks!

Kyle

Not knowing the schematic, I'd guess that it is indeed possible to change the circtui to allow 45-85rpm adjustment.

However, I would also guess that the potentiometer would need to be a different value to increase the range of adjustment from +-10% (ish) to -0% +100%.

If the potentiometer is part of a potential divider including extra resistors it may be possible to alter the fixed resistors to give this bigger range, but you'd have to watch the current through the pot - and maybe the input voltage to comparators or similar.

This is the sort of change that needs careful design to be reliable really.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.