Balanced input all DC coupled RIAA preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I did listen to my grace jones recording.

I do not like it very much as a recording but it has a challenging dynamic range I must admit.

(Just bought a second hand record of Ben Webster a classic Verve recording thats more like it! If you like the best sound)

And catalogue number is? but maybe to much to ask as U dont even name trak or album

That was all point of previous post

Unless one post catalogue number exercise is pointless

Cool we agree on dynamic range what about spoken word or laughter
Not many records whit plenty of it. those being natural sounds expose any trickery in rendition.

Ceck the link I posted one can get second hand copy for price of a few MKP capacitors

How can I sleep?

I decided to live TT alone for now
Frans balanced is really silent and I do not want a broken TT cable at present.

Unfortunately no much more record spinning tonight. When I put box of Frans balanced on shelf first question was
“Is that new thing?” no that is old thing that is going back on shelf till I feel like is time for it to stay there like.
Sorry to ones near by Everest that suffered from bad vibes caused.

Do I need a new Girl Friend?

Going to put this on local paper
Good looking Athletic Venetian in exile in the UK whit passion for good food vine and music seek replacement GF must have vinyl record collection and turn table.
Please send picture of turntable and record collection to …

One of the reasons that this is so late is because

http://www.discogs.com/Temptations-Masterpiece/master/36386
This one the Gordy issue catalogue N G965L arrived last Friday from Berlin brand new sealed copy to replace the old worn out copy I had.

So have a splift or 12, sex whit nearest villing legal entity avvaliable, drink same beer, take walk whit mates and have good chat about the number 42 or cause of acellerating universe expansion any or all and not in necessarely this same order

None of those I am alowed

But she just pop up to puter room asking for Risotto so maybe ...

Last edited:
And catalogue number is? but maybe to much to ask as U dont even name trak or album

That was all point of previous post

Unless one post catalogue number exercise is pointless

Cool we agree on dynamic range what about spoken word or laughter
Not many records whit plenty of it. those being natural sounds expose any trickery in rendition.

Ceck the link I posted one can get second hand copy for price of a few MKP capacitors

Grace Jones
Slave to the rhythm
Direct metal mastering trade mark of teldec
Manhattan Island Records
France PM264 2404471 RB

Ben Webster meets Oscar Peterson

Verves collectors classics
MGM records Inc LA
produced by Norman Granz

The hole record sounds great imo.

MI0003311885.jpg

New material I like. Guitar.
Antonio Forcione
Getto Paradise
Antonio-Forcione-Ghetto-Paradise-L797537103228.JPG

Last edited:
And back on this morning and while first cuppa coffe get down
Dark side of the moon (SHVL804) is on the spinner eventualy she may pop out for now the volume is stuck at a very civilised 12 o' clock and as first side fade off (the Great Gig in the Sky) I am tempted to get up and play it again

U what ?
Yes look as skematics a one chip trick but is all there, amazing realy.

2 more records to play today
The Temptations Masterpiece (Gordy G965L)
I got this brand new so once again the quiet of Frans Balanced stands out (Just look at my set up hardly ideal as ears get right near the speakers each time I approach the controls)
I like this record is quite simple and staging is solid and 3D much better than my built in a rush Paradise R2 (I am sure I can get much more out of the Paradise) but maybe not as good as Salas Simplistic, I wonder how much this poor room whit suspended floors have to do whit it, still one side and then next go right trough in no time.

One thing seems to be missing the speed of the Paradise is not there, I am sure Frans accept this as just being honest thing to point out and same think to improve admittedly I am pretty hard as have one heard any Phono stage better than Paradise in this respect? I certainly have not.
It is time to go for the real difficult stuff.

The Grand Wazoo (Reprise Records K44209) there is a single note I am looking for here about in the middle of the Grand Wazoo track among all the rest a flute came up and the T one ears when flute hole are closed just before the note start is missing.
No big deal really, probably same as the 99.9% of all other Phono stages out there.
But still this entire still album gets played trough and a pleasure to listen to it is.

I will have to go back and look for that note I think.

For now this is it Frans Balanced has been back whit me for 2 short days.
It will stay there for a while, I do like it, as it wins hands down about low noise floor compared to the R2 Paradise I have also it is pretty good for staging and pretty good became surprisingly good if one look again at the schematics.

I am going to play whit it for a few weeks and hopefully have a chance to turn the room around.

I can certainly recommend that U get your own. It is no fuss no trubles no noise no massive real estate required or expense out of the box after 2 years working great amazing Phono stage.
Yes same Phono stages out there are better and U have to decide if and where to compromise, lets say is like, but cheaper, to own 2 or 3 cars, keep one to go to work every day and one to have fun on the racing track.

If U got for it, one little thing keep neighing at me is Wyelvin RC55Y would sound beterrer than the IRS I have used on this build?

I will play Frans balanced for a few weeks and maybe ansver above
To be continued...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.