Bang & Olufsen Beogram 1203 - Tonearm - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd April 2010, 08:27 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Bang & Olufsen Beogram 1203 - Tonearm

Greetings!

I recently acquired a Beogram 1203. The guy selling it (online ebaywannabe site in sweden) said that there was two problems with it, the main one being that it plays to slow, and the second problem being a broken plastic piece on the record size selector.

I looked up the speed problem and it seems to be the old lubricant in the motor which has dried out; fixing that should not be too difficult.

BUT, what the guy failed to mention was that the tonearm does not do jack when i press the lift button, and when it comes to the end of the record it just keeps on playing and no matter how far it goes. Even if I lift the tonearm and go beyond the middle of the record (whats the word for the little pole?) it does not stop. I'm forced to unplug it when i want it to stop..

Anyone know why?

Haven't been able to take a look inside yet, need to get me a flat head screwdriver :P (i should have one, but i can't find it haha)

Hide this!Advertise here!