What to do with Numark TT-1700?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've had this turntable for over a decade and it's never really been properly calibrated, it spins a hair slow, and I'm sure the needle is all ragged out.

Is this worth fixing up? I'm not really sure what kind of cartridge to put into the headshell. I obviously don't want to spend more than $50-60 cause that'd be a waste of money on a deck like this. I don't know if I need a MM or MC cartridge for this TT. The speed of the table can be adjusted too and there are the strobe dots on the side of the platter that can be used for this. Is the "stroboescope" on these budget decks even really that accurate or is there a better way to get a more accurate speed adjustment?

Is there a cheap stylus force gauge that would be good for setting the counterweight on this TT? I guess I'd also need tools to set the alignment of the cartridge when I replace it.

Lots of majorly newb questions, I know...Any help or direction would be appreciated though. I've attached the user manual.

Attachments

• ve_numark_tt1700.pdf
    136.8 KB · Views: 212
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.