Akai GX-630D Schem or SM needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
akai cassette players are the best sounding units in the world in my opinion- the ones to get are the GX series from the 1970s- these come with akais glass crystal head- they never seem to wear out or get dirty and sound so clear that on an average amp and speakers, i was unable to tell the difference in quality from the cd source i copied it from, however, this was on a very high quality tape.

i currently own three of these gx series units- gxc 36d gxc 46d and the beautiful gxc 38d

I agree, my dad had a reel to reel Super GX headed (747) AKAI and I am now the proud owner of what I think is one amazing piece of kit. Better than the Revox in my opinion. At present I am trying to track down a single deck AKAI GX cassette I remember from my youth, I think it was the GX 300 or something similar. Does anyone know what I am lookig for ? It was released in the late eighties.

Gareth

hi-lo switch ?

hi there!

i'm a lucky owner of an Akay GXC-38D, fully functional right now, that i'm using as special vintage fx on my tracks, especially on drums bus.
i'm passing audio signal on it, with a fake cassette inside, and rec-pause activated.

do you know whats the function of high/low switch on rear panel (near rca in/out)?

Attachments

• akay.jpg
    akay.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 42
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.