DUAL start system

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm trying to figure out how the auto-start system of most DUAL-turntables works. I'm currently relubricating and fixing an old DUAL 1010 and before I reassembly it, I'd like to understand how all the underlying mechanics work.

Underneath you can see the start cycle as explained in the service manual.

Schermafbeelding 2010-03-17 om 17.18.41.jpg

There's one thing that puzzles me though. If you select "Start" on the DUAL, the switch lever does a couple of things: it brings the drive wheel in contact with the motor pulley, it operates the line switch (which powers up the turntable) and it makes the main cam rotate 360 degrees so that the tone-arm is lowered on the record.

But, after this 360 rotation (and after the tone-arm has lowered), the start-switch arm is released and brought back to its initial position and by that also the line switch and drive wheel are brought back to their original positions (if I operate the mechanics slowly by hand, I can clearly see this happening).

Now I'm wondering: if that happens, won't the turntable stop turning? (since drive wheel and line switch are disengaged if the main cam pushes the start-switch arm back)?

Thanks for your advice!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.