Where can I get a good quality phono ground thumb screw?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello All,

This is my first post, and my question is where can I get a good quality phono ground thumb screw, like the kind that are on the more expensive units. The thumb screw on my Marantz receiver is plastic and I just wanted to get a nicer one, as it would be a simple thing to do. I think most should be the same thread size.

Trouble is, I haven't been been able to find what I'm looking for so far online. Although I'm not sure what the parts technical name actually is.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello All,

This is my first post, and my question is where can I get a good quality phono ground thumb screw, like the kind that are on the more expensive units. The thumb screw on my Marantz receiver is plastic and I just wanted to get a nicer one, as it would be a simple thing to do. I think most should be the same thread size.

Trouble is, I haven't been been able to find what I'm looking for so far online. Although I'm not sure what the parts technical name actually is.

Any help would be appreciated.

When I built my Hafler preamp kit many years ago I _didn't_ want the thumbscrew as it attached to a screw mounted on the chassis. I substituted an insulated 5 way binding post so I could connect the ground directly to the PCB rather than the chassis. Still works great.

Can you be a bit more specific, are we looking for a knurled head screw? Has it got to be a specific size? do you know what thread type? :confused:
Here is a photo of the Marantz PM-8003 integrated amp. Notice the silver metal phono ground screw with the philips head on the left? That's what I'm looking for. PM8003 Integrated Amplifier

I've seen this same type of thumb screw on other brands of receivers/amps as well so it must be a common size, but I can't seem to find anything like this so far as a separate part.

I'm not looking for something I have to install internally, just something I can screw in to the existing thread hole just to make my receiver look a little nicer.

Another member mentioned Computer case screws, and I think I know what he is talking about. Would these be the similar thread size?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.