Are they ************* me?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Was planning on buying an RPM 1.2 Genie from Richer Sounds, in Cheltenham UK.
Turns out that for 2 montsh now they are waiting for spare parst to make it complete. About 2 weeks ago I gave up on phoning them (they NEVER call back, and NEVER follow up on the actions that have been agreed on. I ALWAYS have to ask teh same questions and go through the same routine: conclusion. Stay well away from those cowboys).
I then called another shop, which did have one complete (except the stylus needed replacing), and the sales guy on teh phone started giving me some story about how bad the turntable actually is, and how you can get so much better for the same price (170GBP for the 1.3, 100GBP for the 1.2 version). To be honest, I think the guy is full of it. Why would this turntable get such raving reviews if it is ****?? Sure, I know it is not a Michell, or Clearaudio, but then again, those are about a ten fold more expensive!

Can anyone support that claim about the Genies being rubbish even for the price you pay? Or is this a classic case of boycot Richer Sounds because they are full of it??

the name's been modded. Wasn't really attempting to bypass any censor, but will keep it in mind for nexttime.

but back to the actual question: Is the Genie a bad deck even for its price, or can I safely trust the reviews one can read in the magazines...? as I said, I'm not expecting Michell quality for Ion prices here...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.