cartridge mounting help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi all,

I have recently bought a new cartridge (AT440ML) for my Thorens TD166. I read on the manual (of the mkII on the net) that there is a guide that supplied with the TT in order to set a specific high between the stylus and top of the cartridge wand - I don't have it what do I do ? what high should it be set to?

another small thing, the spacer that was instaled in my TT is 3mm I think this wont work for the AT440 it's too thick... what can I use insted ?

thanks in advance,
cheers,
Yuval

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
When playing, the arm wand should be parallel to the record. Mat thickness, cartridge height all change this. It's a long time since I looked at a TD166, but isn't there a screw at the base of the arm that releases it, and allows its height to be adjusted?

thanks for your replay,
there is no way you can adjust the high you only have to use the proper spacr (pice of plastic in between) with the right screw lenght ... not so trivial.

what I did was improvise - I've taken off the top cover of the wand, than used the screws from top when the nuts holds the cartridge, than I glued the cover back on.

there is a happy end - the sound is superb :nod:

yuval

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.