Micro Seiki BL-10X and MA-500 tone arm - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analogue Source
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Analogue Source Turntables, Tonearms, Cartridges, Phono Stages, Tuners, Tape Recorders, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th February 2010, 07:52 PM   #1
ksporry is offline ksporry  China
diyAudio Member

Default Micro Seiki BL-10X and MA-500 tone arm

Hi guys,

could someone tell me a bit about the Micro Seiko turntables? Are they any good? What can they be compared with sound wise?
How about the arm?
Old 11th February 2010, 11:32 PM   #2
tinitus is offline tinitus  Europe
diyAudio Moderator R.I.P.

Im sure its ok, if not worn
Seem like one of their older midpriced model
It plays music, nothing fancy

But their best are pretty heavy stuff
Old 28th February 2016, 08:24 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Does anybody know how to fix the autolift since it only works seldom, about one in ten attempts?
My tonarm is the straight pipe one
I can say this turntable performs incredibly well since with the same Supex 900 cartridge i cannot hear any difference from my Linn LP12 with Ekos arm!

Last edited by bergui45; 28th February 2016 at 08:28 AM. Reason: forget to specify the kind of tonarm
Old 1st March 2016, 06:27 PM   #4
bulgin is offline bulgin  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksporry View Post
Hi guys,

could someone tell me a bit about the Micro Seiko turntables? Are they any good? What can they be compared with sound wise?
How about the arm?
Micro/Micro Seiki made many models. Some so-so and many outstanding with exemplary engineering, styling and finish.

I still own two - a BL-51 and a rarish MR-711 direct drive deck. Even the first MS I owned (an MB-18 auto lift) was a beautiful turntable which never gave a second's worth of trouble.

In addition to the turntables, their matching tonearms were beautifully engineered - particularly the CF arms and more expensive models.

Besides my Garrards, Micro Seiki are my favourite decks.

bulgin
Old 1st March 2016, 08:33 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergui45 View Post
Does anybody know how to fix the autolift since it only works seldom, about one in ten attempts?
My tonarm is the straight pipe one
I can say this turntable performs incredibly well since with the same Supex 900 cartridge i cannot hear any difference from my Linn LP12 with Ekos arm!
I didn't say it was a BL-10X! I hope this helps getting some tips to fix the autolift issue!
Old 1st March 2016, 10:05 PM   #6
nezbleu is offline nezbleu  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergui45 View Post
I didn't say it was a BL-10X! I hope this helps getting some tips to fix the autolift issue!
So what is the model number then? Have you checked vinylengine.com for the service manual?
Old 2nd March 2016, 08:03 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

I already tried to get the service manual of the BL-10X on vinylengine but there is only the "operating manual" available and it's useless for the autolift issue...?

Hide this!Advertise here!