Nad 7240 Tuner Alignment

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a NAD 7240. I just resurrected the tuner from the dead.

Now I notice a very slight "misalignment" between the tuner and the display. When looking for station 100.3, I find the station at 100.35, when looking for 102.9, I find the station at 102.95. This in itself isn't a huge issue for me but the digital tuner adjust in .05 increments and when tuned to 100.35 or 102.95, it still sounds like I am still slightly off the station. It appears as though the tuner is shifted across it's entire range by 0.03-0.04.

I have a service manual for a similar NAD receiver that appears to have an identical tuner. I (like most) don't have the necessary tools to do a proper FM alignment as described in the manual.

Obviously I don't want to make matters worse by experimenting with all the tuner adjustments. Can someone point me to the proper adjustment for shifting the aligning between the tuner and the display?

Here's a list of the adjustments that I can make according to the service manual:

-Tuning Voltage (Oscillator)
-RF Adjustment (Tracking)
-Detector Coarse Adjustment (only needed if detector repaired)
-Detector Final Alignment
-Autosearch Level
-Stereo Decoder, MPX Filter
-Synthesizer Frequency

Do any of them look like what I need?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.