Linn "LINTO" MC Preamp Schematic without SMPS - Schematic for SMPS wanted

For troubleshooting on a "LINTO"-device from Linn I need currently the schematic of the SMPS. I note, that no voltage on the supply output will be provided.
The actually MC-RIAA amp works perfect (checked with an outdoor power supply).
Are there anywhere the associated schematic in the meantime for these switch mode power supply ?
Obviously there is nobody, who had create a schematic diagram. Maybe one of the members has also a faulty power supply of the same model
still lying around without getting it fixed.
Before it is thrown away, please let me know (not as PM but to my own email address: kirschner-hifiQweb_de (please replace "Q" and "_" by the correct signs - thank you very much).
If I have at least a second PCB device of the same model, I start the troubleshooting.
P.S.: A good rectifier, also appropriate for usually 50 Hz transformers.
https://www.fairchildsemi.com/datasheets/ES/ES2A.pdf

Last edited:
Desired marking of the transistor Q1,Q2

I need the schematic diagram from the switch mode power supply. Who can help?

Here the PDF schematic of the preamp itself (please note: first generation Linto, not currently version !!! ) I have created this schematic for the introduce of an interface (to connect an external parallel regulated power supply) some years ago.
C_tmp_Linn Kairn SMPS_ckt.pdf

Good afternoon. The topic is old, but maybe someone can help me. The desired marking of the transistor Q1,Q2 and the capacitor C5. For the schema from the first page of the above file. The scheme is labeled
"Issue AE HDS ltd XD01010/23"

Hi. Has anyone tried replacing the smps with a more simple, linear power supply?
I'm curious if there was a particular reason for using switch mode back then, whether the schematic asks for one.

Does anyone know output voltage of the original supply rails?

Last edited:
Hi, I think the idea of SMPS was not good at all. Replace it with a normal trafo.
Do not remember the exact voltages, but you can check the outputs of the trafo on the picture.
Best

Attachments

• IMG20230510130315.jpg
    IMG20230510130315.jpg
    539.7 KB · Views: 66
Thanks for your reply. I went through the whole thread and it seems I've overseen that tiefbassuebertr actually included most of the power supply diagram in the preamp schematics.

I expected a much more basic supply for a phono preamp. Have you been satisfied with the sound after the mod?