Better Connectors instead this ordinary DC Power Jack/Plug Connections ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A wide range of phono RIAA headamps (phono preamplifier), that have outsourced main transformer for the power supply, used dc plugs/sockets like this showed in the attachement. Also some very expensive headamp devices (horrible for me).

I want to have better connectors instead this ordinary versions - but approximately in the same sizes. What is recommended as a better alternative?

Thank you for your comments

Attachments

• DC Power Jack and Plug.pdf
    151.8 KB · Views: 57
  • DC Power Plug and PS 12V2A.jpg
    DC Power Plug and PS 12V2A.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 257
You mean the barrel connector? What don't you like about it?
Means the therm "barrel connector" a specific connector or is it only a general designation for a a particular connector species? I don't know this exactly, but if I look by "google", also the F connector for satellite tv and some BNC/FMA connectors are called "barrel connector"

I certainly thought the plugs and jacks for DC connections as showed by the second attachement (PDF) from post #1. This are bad after short time of use because there are undefined transition resistance; for normal low-cost applications irrelevant, but not for high quality RIAA head amps !!!

Sangram: a good solution if the dimensions (sizes) allow it.

There are Mini-DINs, mini XLRs, a japanese type often called "microphone" connector used on lots of HF/VHF radio gear, there's LEMOs ( expensive ), but for size it's hard to beat the cheapo's.
Mini XLRs would be my best bet, but I'm assuming your box are somewhat thicker than 10 mm, so what's the rush for extra-extra small?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.